Here you will find the latest UHPSI white papers, posters, peer-reviewed publications, and (in time) High Plains research bibliography. Because we have many projects running simultaneously we may not have drafts or completed projects posted to this site. If you are looking for a specific project that you don’t see listed here, please contact us for more information.
QUARTERLY AND ANNUAL REPORTS
• 2014 Annual Report •
• 2015 Annual Report •
• 2016 Annual Report •
• 2017 Annual Report •
• Quarterly Report January – March 2016 •
Winter and Spring updates from New Haven and the High Plains of the Northern Rockies.
• Quarterly Report April – June 2016 •
Spring and Summer updates from New Haven and the High Plains of the Northern Rockies.
• Quarterly Report July – September 2016 •
Summer and Fall updates from New Haven and the High Plains of the Northern Rockies.
WHITE PAPERS AND INFORMATIONAL BOOKLETS
• Clear Creek: 2015 Watershed Assessment •
A short booklet detailing the hydrological characteristics of the Clear Creek watershed in Northeaster Wyoming.
• From Ideas to Action: A Guide to Funding and Authorities for Collaborative Forestry •
Becca Shively’s WRF-Funded work with Rural Voices for Conservation Coalition.
• Wyoming’s Changing Agricultural Landscape: Demographic Trends of Farm and Ranch Operators, 1920-2007 •
A short booklet illustrating aging trends among Wyoming’s agricultural communities using cartography. If this file does not display properly on your web browser, try the downloaded version.
• Ucross Arboretum Siting Proposal •
This booklet presents Phase I of the development of an arboretum on the Ucross Ranch, focusing on suitability analysis for four sites.This is a large document that might take time to load.
• Google Earth Engine Research Award 2013/2014 Report •
A short white paper outlining a research program conducted during the 2013-2014 year. This paper details the conceptual underpinnings and practical realization of advanced land cover/land use classification algorithms in Google Earth Engine.
• Wyoming’s Changing Agricultural Landscape Poster Series •
A series of five posters cartographically illustrating aging trends within Wyoming’s agricultural community. This link will redirect the viewer to a research page where individual posters can be viewed and downloaded.
• Wyoming’s Changing Agricultural Landscape Conference Poster •
An award-winning poster presented at the 2014 ESRI User’s Conference in San Diego, CA and submitted for peer-review.
• High-Resolution Satellite Imagery Analysis of Land Cover on the Ucross Ranch •
The results of land cover analysis, presented at a 2013 Spring stakeholder meeting in Ucross, WY .
• Are We in the Right Place? Why Your Accuracy Assessment Isn’t Telling You What You Think It Is •
The results of Monte Carlo simulation analysis examining the efficacy of categorical map accuracy statistics. Presented at the 2014 Fall Northeast ArcGIS User’s Conference in Mystic, CT, and the 2015 Association of American Geographers Annual Meeting in Chicago, IL.
• Invasive Species Detection Using Spectral Angle Mapper and Mixture-Tuned Matched Filtering: Refining Present Applications and Looking Ahead •
Preliminary results from a ranch-wide study considering the distribution and abundance of leafy spurge using satellite imagery. Presented at the 2014 Spring Northeast ArcGIS User’s Conference in Amherst, MA.
• Hydrologic Modeling at Ucross •
A summary of basic findings from analysis of the Clear Creek Watershed using the Soil and Water Assessment Tool modeling platform. This poster was presented at a 2013 Spring stakeholder meeting in Ucross, WY
• Ucross Infrastructural Map •
An infrastructural map for the Ucross ranch, documenting major pasture delineations and watering facilities.
• Cloud-based Remote Sensing for Land Managers: Developing Endmember-based Classifications in GEE •
A poster detailing the development of advanced land cover/land use analytical alogrithms within the Google Earth Engine platform. This poster was presented at the 2015 Association of American Geographers Annual Meeting in Chicago, IL.
• Optimizing Accuracy: A New Method to Automate Post-Processing of Mixture_Tuned Matched Filtering Remote Sensing Classification Results •
A poster detailing the development of R-based scripts to analytically deduce the MTMF thresholds that optimize map accuracy. This poster was presented at the 2015 Association of American Geographers Annual Meeting in Chicago, IL.
PEER-REVIEWED LITERATURE AND CARTOGRAPHY
• Ranglands Publication: Wyoming’s Changing Agricultural Landscape: Demographic Trends Among Farm and Ranch Operators, 1920-2007 •
A peer-reviewed publication covering linear and multiple linear regression models evaluating the aging trends of Wyoming’s agricultural community in cartographic format.
Citation: Glick, H.B., Bettigole, C., Routh, D., Seegmiller, L., Kuhn, C., Khadka, A., and Oliver, C.D. (2014) Wyoming’s Changing Agricultural Landscape: Demographic Trends Among Farm and Ranch Operators, 1920-2007. Rangelands, 36(6): 7-14
• Resilience Map Publication: Ucross Infrastructural Map •
UHPSI’s Ucross infrastructure map was published in Quivira Coallition’s journal, Resilience, as part of an article written by Todd Graham of Ranch Advisory Partners
Citation: Bettigole, C., Routh, D., Glick H. B., Khadka, A., Seegmiller, L., and Oliver, C. D. (2014) Ucross Ranch map. Resilience, 40: 3
• ESRI Map Book, Volume 30 Map Publication: Wyoming’s Aging Agricultural Landscape •
Imagery contained in UHPSI’s award winning poster (see above) and featured in a Rangelands article (see above) will be highlighted in ESRI’s thirtieth Map Book. This publication is due to be released in July of 2015 at the Annual User’s Conference.
Citation: Glick, H., Seegmiller, L., Bettigole, C., and Oliver, C. D. (2015 – in press) Wyoming’s Aging Agricultural Landscape. Esri Map Book, Volume 30. Esri Press: Redland, CA.
A version or link to this publication will be made available once it is released.